Produced in Ceylon
Sri Lanka mainly produced orthodox teas and also produces C.T.C (Cut Tear and Curl), Green tea, Instant tea, Bio tea, and flavored teas.
There are three tea growing in Sri Lanka.
High Grown: Grown at an elevation above 1,200m. Perfectly rounded teas with a bright & strong taste.
Mid Grown: Grown at an elevation between 600m and 1,200m. Strong, rich & full-bodied teas.
Low Grown: Grown at an elevation between sea level and 600m. Heavy and robust teas that are deep in colour.
There are six main tea-producing areas in Sri Lanka:
1. Galle, to the south of the island.
2. Ratnapura, about 55 miles east of Colombo.
3. Kandy, the ancient royal capital.
4. Nuwara Eliya, the highest area that produces the finest teas.
5. Dimbulla, west of the central mountains.
6. Uva, located east of Dimbulla.